Managing Director, Hotel Development, North America
The position must be a strong advocate for the company by setting the overall development strategy for North America, building relationships with new clients and aligning/liaising internally with the sales, marketing and distribution teams to achieve company-wide objectives.
The main goals of the position are creating a regional comprehensive development strategy that is aligned with the company’s overall objectives and financial budget. Furthermore seeking and signing new members for the WorldHotels North America portfolio within the WorldHotels classifications.
This position can work out of a home office, in any of the following locations; New York, Denver, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Dallas. Other metropolitan cities will be considered.
Fields of activity | Tasks
Hotel Development Strategy & Client Prospecting
- Development Strategy: Responsible for creating a comprehensive
development strategy that is aligned with the company’s overall
objectives and financial budget.
- Client Prospecting and Presentations: Client prospecting should be consistent with the development strategy set forth for the respective year. Client prospecting should be prioritized based by destination, company and prior relationships. Strong prospecting leads should be recorded in Nexus
Due Diligence, Proposals/Contracts and Handover
- Due Diligence: Responsible for collecting accurate data for all potential applicant hotels, creating an accurate fee forecast and liaising with all relevant internal sales and marketing personnel prior to sending a proposal.
- Proposals and Contracts: Following approval from the CEO and President, North America, the role is responsible for sending and negotiating the commercial terms for all potential applicants. Once terms are agreed upon, the role is responsible for working with the contracts team on the execution of the formal contract.
- Handover: Once contracts have been executed, the role is responsible for sending out the initial announcement, creation of the hotel dossier and turnover to the Integration Manger and PRO for onboarding
Travel and Tradeshows
- All travel and trade show attendance to be in conjunction with the overall development strategy and based on the expense budget for the year
- Administration duties pertain to all company matters that do not pertain directly to the development role
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a concentration in hotel administration and/or business
- 10+ years of hotel development, consulting and/or sales experience.
- Focus on upper-upscale and luxury segments is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge in all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel industry, particularly in hotel development related fields
- Ability to interpret key business indicators both internally and externally and to suggest appropriate actions
- Strong presenter with the ability to communicate effectively with hotel management and ownership groups
- Knowledge of distribution, hotel and sales management systems is a plus
- Highly organized with the ability to innovate and adapt in a fast-paced environment